The Outer Darkness
What and Where is Outer Darkness?
1. The Time. The 14th of first month. Lev 23:5.
2. Where. First in the house or home. Ex 12:46 and later "in the place which the LORD thy God shall choose" Deu 16:7 Ex 12:46.
3. Who Observed It. The circumcision only. It never applied to Gentiles except circumcised according to Ex 12:40-51.
4. The Blood. When the Lord observed the Passover, He spoke of the blood of the New Covenant. The New Covenant applies only to Israel and Judah, never to Gentiles. Jer 31:31.
5. Till He Come Again. The church is not looking for Him to come again to earth, but to be manifested with Him in glory. Col 3:1-4.
6. Jerusalem Council. Their decision, which was according to the leading of the Holy Spirit, did not require Gentiles to partake of any feasts of the Jews. Read Acts 15:23-29.
7. Directions. The directions for keeping it after the Lord's death are found in 1 Cor 10 & 11. These chapters are written to Jewish believers, not to Gentiles. See 1 Cor 10:1.
8. Penalty. During Acts the Jews still had the law. Its penalties were still in force. 1 Cor 11:29-30. Gentile believers were under grace, so such things could not happen to them.
9. The Church. All the above relate to Jews and their Passover. Gentiles were not to have anything to do with Jewish festivals and the like when grafted into their blessings during Acts. But in the church which is the body of Christ neither Jew nor Gentile is to observe holidays, Sabbaths, eating and drinking and the like. Col 2:16.
10. True Worship. The one place God set aside for worship was destroyed about 2000 years ago. Its man-made rival, Gerizim, also has disappeared. Man today is to worship in Spirit and in Truth. This has nothing to do with a place, a priesthood, or ritual. See John 4:23.
Nowhere does the Bible give anybody the right to substitute Baal's Supper (Lord's Supper) for the Passover. In this there was the sip of wine and a wafer to represent the round sun. The Passover had 4 cups of wine during the meal.
The Lord's Supper or love feast is mentioned once in the Bible, 1 Cor 11:20. where Paul rebuked the people for being selfish and drunken and then corrects them on the purpose and manner of the Lords memorial. 2 Peter 2:13.
Israel observed the Passover and still does on the yearly 15th of Nissan according to the prescribed manner and in memory of their deliverance from Egypt which was and is recited and heard by all. The Lord made no change in the Passover whatsoever except to add that they now do it in remembrance of Him till He come for He is the deliverer. Israel's Messiah will come again. He promised the disciples that He would again drink of the vine with them in the kingdom. But that has nothing to do with the Church of His Body who's calling and citizenship is in heaven and not on earth.
In Galatia the Jewish Christians tried to get the Gentile Christians to be circumcised so they could observe these things. But Paul strongly said such folks should be accursed. The Passover and the like belong to law, not to grace.
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Become a Member and Meet New Friends, Receive a Free eBook and Newsletter and More! Click Image or Here!
Just want a Newsletter without Member Sign Up Click Here.
Help support this believer sponsored ministry with your donation today.
Today the principles of right division have been almost lost so we offer teachings from the Word of God that will illuminate how to rightly divide the Scriptures. 2 Timothy 2:15 states "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". Click to learn more.