The Question Of Divisions
Who is The Head of The Church?
Although this little word NOW , may be a conjunction, a noun, or an interjection, it is most of the time used as an adverb and has to do with time. It is used 8 times in Ephesians. Now let us study now .
1. Eph. 2:2. Here we read of a spirit that now works in the children of disobedience. And the next verse indicates that it had formerly worked likewise. It is a spirit that resides in Children of wrath. So this is something that works now and worked then.
2. Eph. 2:13. This is a contrast of now and then. At one time the Gentiles were far off, even when under the gospel of the grace of God in Acts. But now in the administration of the mystery it is revealed that these Gentiles have been made nigh by the blood .
3. Eph. 2:19. Up to Acts 28:28 the Gentile believers had been strangers from the covenants of promise and aliens (foreigners) from the commonwealth of Israel. There was no joint relationship, for the Gentile believers were simply a wild olive branch depending on the roots of Israel for blessings. Now in the administration of the mystery, Israel is out of the picture, and the Gentile believers have their own citizenship in the holiest of all and make up a new household, as firstborn, of God.
4. Eph. 3:5. There has been a steady increase in the revelation of Christ from Gen 3:15 up to the time of the beginning of the administration of the mystery. But nothing like what is now made known through the apostles and prophets of the mystery church. For the mystery of Christ is completed by the revelation of His Headship of all things in creation.
5. Eph. 3:10. Up to Acts 28:28 God's program was an earthly one, making known the name of Jehovah to the nations of the earth by means of His people Israel. But now the church is making known the manifold wisdom of God to beings in the heavenlies. This is a part of the program of the administration of the mystery. It has to do with the heavens.
6. Eph. 3:20. This is one of the most beautiful of all the doxologies in the Bible. And it comes after the mention of the love of Christ which was so broad that it included both Jew and Gentile, so long as to extend from before the overthrow unto the ages to come, so deep as to pull us up from the depths of trespasses and sins, and high enough to seat us in heavenly places at the right hand of the Father. Now is a good time for our highest praise.
7. Eph. 4:9. There is an indication that the descent of Christ and His humiliation was into the lowest parts of creation, that is, the earth. But now He has ascended and given gifts to the church in the form of a foundation of apostles and prophets, and added to that, for the work, are evangelists, pastors and teachers. No gifts to members as such.
8. Eph. 5:8. At one time the Gentiles walked in the darkness of sin and ignorance. But now they have the light of the gospel of the administration of the mystery. And since our citizenship is in the holy of holies where the Shekinah glory dwells, we should walk as children of light. That is now.
Now is the time for all good believers to study the Word of God to see what is truth for now .
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Become a Member and Meet New Friends, Receive a Free eBook and Newsletter and More! Click Image or Here!
Just want a Newsletter without Member Sign Up Click Here.
Help support this believer sponsored ministry with your donation today.
Today the principles of right division have been almost lost so we offer teachings from the Word of God that will illuminate how to rightly divide the Scriptures. 2 Timothy 2:15 states "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". Click to learn more.