- Published: 04 February 2011
- Hits: 2559
'The gospel, the power
|Notice purpose of 'for' in 16,17.
'Power' is translated 'miracle'.
We are saved because righteousness
has been provided.
|'Salvation' in verse 12 is 'the healing'.
The miracle sets forth the salvation of the nation.
Stress 'none other Name'.
Give parallels, e.g. John 14:6.
'God is my Salvation'.
|Prophetic 'in that day'
(1) 'God' 'Jehovah'.
(2) 'Wells of salvation' (see John 4:14).
'Salvation', 'strength', 'song'.
||'hiding place', 'shield', 'safe',
Questions based on Readings
||(1) Why was Paul not ashamed of the
gospel he was so ready to preach?
(2) To whom is salvation given?
(3) What is revealed to us in the gospel?
|(1) Did Peter heal the man by his own power,
or did he acknowledge some other power?
(2) Are we saved by our own works?
(3) Who is the only One Who can save?
||(1) Why can we trust and not be afraid
when troubles come?
(2) Is there only a small supply of salvation and
(3) Why is it likened to water?
||(1) Mention in what way God helps us and
saves us in these verses.
(2) What does it mean by saying that God is
'surety' for us?
Verses to memorize (one each week): Romans 1:16; Acts 4:12; Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 119:114.